Sunday, November 2, 2008

I am right, you are wrong?

“Why can’t you understand me, and why are you cribbing trying to prove you are always right?” I was shouting on the phone. I could hear an echo of the same words which I spoke on the receiver of my cell phone “No why don’t you understand that I am right and you are wrong” my friend was shouting back to me. It has become a routine now for me to be fighting with my friend on who is right and who is wrong. Though we patched up after 15 minutes of hot debate, I was contemplating what was happening for the past two months, “was I right and the other person wrong?” I got some time off from class today (bunked class) and sitting in my room alone and wondering what was going one. Then it stuck me that neither was I wrong nor was my friend wrong. We were so much into proving that each of were right that we forgot what the other person thought. I just reflected back at times I had this conversation of right and wrong with my parents, spouses and friends I realised what a jerk I had been all these days. Loosing loved and dear ones, I realised now, is a crime and I stand guilty of loosing some of my most dear friends.

I am good and the other person is bad? I am right and the other person is wrong? Is it really true that a person can be good or he can be bad? Well I am no phycologist or enlightened person to answer this question, but something I have realised is no person is bad (leave out the extreme cases though; I am talking about the persons whom you meet in daily). We categorize persons who are strict as bad persons and persons who are always cool as good persons. Is this really true? No both of them are good at heart their ways of expressing their feelings are different and when u accept it no person is bad. It just takes minute to loose someone just by proving you are right and he is a bad person. Take a minute to put yourself in the other persons shoes and you will realise neither is wrong in 90% of the cases.

Please don’t be misled that I am strict follower of this rule, to be honest I have never done this until now. Hopefully I will follow it in the future and will not loose any of my friends again and when given a chance to rectify my bullheadedness I will definitely change what has happened, but not all can be changed and I have my most valid possession gone in a moment of madness. Everything in life is a learning and hope this latest endeavour of mine will make me a better person.

1 comment:

Poornima Subramani said...

Guess this blog needs more content !