Monday, November 3, 2008

Sangam – A phenomenon


It’s been almost been a year since I have been in college and I belong to a group called Sangam. People know me as a member of Sangam rather than by my name. Many people have asked us in the past “How come you guys came together?” Their question was weird, but looking a bit deeply into that they were right, all the members from our group don’t share the same ideas, we don’t stick together (we are together only during drinking parties). So for the benefit of all I will share to others who Sangam was formed.
It was the first week into college and we were attending our second marketing class. Me (Shrek), JK, AKS and Reddy where sitting in the second bench in the class, as usual AKS was cracking jokes and me and JK were having a tough time controlling our laughter. The prof. got irritated and started lamenting on how the standard of college was going down and obviously was referring to us. I didn’t know where to hide my face; I wished I would vanish from that place. AKS was unfretted by the lamenting and had a smiling face; jk and me were astonished by the calmness. After the heavy lecture about discipline and everything the prof. went back to his usual lecture about his wonderful idea about marketing. Then something happened which made me and jk jump out of our seats, AKS today “Lets celebrate our first disaster.” AKS me and JK had a spark of inspiration out the words “Sangalathula inthu yellam sadharnam appa” and was born SANGAM. In joined Reddy as the first person and later everybody joined in. We were the first official branded group that was formed in college and after this came other groups and gangs. We don’t have any rules and regulations in our group and many people and come and left, but the core members still stick together always. I am not going into detail about each member joined the group. The group members can write it in the comments section on how they joined . Long live the name of Sangam and all the members of it. A brief intro of everybody is given below
AKS – Arun kumar S – A cool freak, we still don’t know what can get him to be serious.
JK – Jayakanthan – A topper who cribs about everything in this world (Unfortunately I am at the receiving end)
Shrek – Sathish kumar – well not much you people know me already
PSK – Prasanna senthil Kumar – Well when he gets angry be sure you have your ears plugged.
Mighty – Prasanna M – The perfect guy expect that we cannot understand his English at times
Cypher – Deepak – He knows everything in the world and has some comment about everything
Pongavvai – Karthik – When we get bored he is person we use for making fun. Cool guy never gets tensed at anything.
AJ – Arul Jothi – A studious guy nothing more can summarize him better.
Jino – Satheesh Jino – The so called heart throb of BIM (Its strictly his claim)
Sollu – Naveen Sollu – I have already said enough about him in the previous blog
NG – Anand NG – Same as above 
Ra – Ramselvan – Ends up always parking his bike outside LH gate, we don’t have anything more to say
USA – MADHU – USA is not united states of America but Uzavar sandhai of Arupukottai
Bready – Vijay Reddy – Well Reddy where to start and where to end? I am lost

No comments: